A collection of creative ideas and concepts, including retro, old fashion, old school and of course vintage pieces of art & design. Send your inspired design before the deadline:
Open call for photographic & video works.
Visible White is an international call for photographic and video artworks curated by Paul Di Felice and Marinella Paderni.
The curators invite artists to reflect on the theme ‘You See Me. Personal Identities in the Digital Age’: which values does artistic portrait photography have today in the digital age of social networks in which everyone can become a ‘do-it-yourself’ portait photographer?
More about the theme:
3,000 € prizes in the categories ‘Best Project’ and ‘Best Single Work’.
Entries by 28 February 2014.
Entry fee is 20 € per single work uploaded directly online and 45 € per projects that can contain up to 10 photographs and/or videos .
By 30 March 2014, 20 finalists will be chosen by the selection panel which includes:
– Jim Casper, LensCulture, Paris, France
– Clare Grafik, Head of exhibitions at the Photographers Gallery, London, UK
– Hripsime Visser, Curator of Photography at the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– Bas Vroege, Director of Paradox, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Terms & Conditions
Exhibition of the 20 finalists artworks will be at the fsmgallery, Florence, Italy, and will run from 16 May to 16 June 2014.
Visible White is a collaboration between Celeste Network, Fondazione Studio Marangoni, Stedelijk Museum, Paradox, LensCulture and The Photographers’ Gallery.
It’s your opportunity to have your work picked by a team of international curators and be part of a talent scouting environment. Artists from around the world can submit their work, regardless of age, profession or gender.
€ 20,000 Prizes:
Painting & Graphics Prize € 4,000
Photography & Digital Graphics Prize € 4,000
Video & Animation Prize € 4,000
Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize € 4,000
Curator’s Choice Prize € 3,500
Visitors’ Choice Prize € 500
This year’s team of selectors is led by Ami Barak, curator of Celeste Prize 2013, 5th edition. He is accompanied by a Selection Panel of art critics and curators which include:
- Ferran Barenblit – Director Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo, Madrid, Spain
- Iara Boubnova – Curator at ICA, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Katrina Brown – Director of The Common Guild, Glasgow, UK
- Florence Derieux – Director of Frac, Champagne-Ardenne, France
- Dominique Fontaine – Independent curator, Montreal, Canada
- Christian Fuller – Curator at Recession Art, New York, USA
- Mihnea Mircan – Artistic Director of Extra City Kunsthal, Antwerp, Belgium
- Gean Moreno – Independent curator, Miami, USA
- Ian Alden Russell – Curator at David Winton Bell Gallery at Brown University, USA
- Alia Swastika – Independent curator, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Gaëtane Verna – Director of The Power Plant, Toronto, Canada
The exhibition of the 40 finalist works will be held in November 2013 in Rome, Italy, at the ex-GIL spaces. During the final exhibition each finalist artist will vote his or her preferred work in each category and so determine the prize-winners.
Celeste Prize 2013 is supported by Celeste Network, a 50,000 member social network for contemporary arts, which includes gallerists, curators, critics, art organizers, collectors and many artists. Celeste Network is a fertile environment in which to promote one’s work, make contact and start up projects around the world. Take a look-in Celeste, you can sign up and have your free page, then decide later if you wish to join the prize.
More information and entries online: