Celeste Prize 2013, 5th edition
It’s your opportunity to have your work picked by a team of international curators and be part of a talent scouting environment. Artists from around the world can submit their work, regardless of age, profession or gender.
€ 20,000 Prizes:
Painting & Graphics Prize € 4,000
Photography & Digital Graphics Prize € 4,000
Video & Animation Prize € 4,000
Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize € 4,000
Curator’s Choice Prize € 3,500
Visitors’ Choice Prize € 500
This year’s team of selectors is led by Ami Barak, curator of Celeste Prize 2013, 5th edition. He is accompanied by a Selection Panel of art critics and curators which include:
- Ferran Barenblit – Director Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo, Madrid, Spain
- Iara Boubnova – Curator at ICA, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Katrina Brown – Director of The Common Guild, Glasgow, UK
- Florence Derieux – Director of Frac, Champagne-Ardenne, France
- Dominique Fontaine – Independent curator, Montreal, Canada
- Christian Fuller – Curator at Recession Art, New York, USA
- Mihnea Mircan – Artistic Director of Extra City Kunsthal, Antwerp, Belgium
- Gean Moreno – Independent curator, Miami, USA
- Ian Alden Russell – Curator at David Winton Bell Gallery at Brown University, USA
- Alia Swastika – Independent curator, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Gaëtane Verna – Director of The Power Plant, Toronto, Canada
The exhibition of the 40 finalist works will be held in November 2013 in Rome, Italy, at the ex-GIL spaces. During the final exhibition each finalist artist will vote his or her preferred work in each category and so determine the prize-winners.
Celeste Prize 2013 is supported by Celeste Network, a 50,000 member social network for contemporary arts, which includes gallerists, curators, critics, art organizers, collectors and many artists. Celeste Network is a fertile environment in which to promote one’s work, make contact and start up projects around the world. Take a look-in Celeste, you can sign up and have your free page, then decide later if you wish to join the prize.
More information and entries online: