This fellowship will bring together twenty-five Artists from all around the world with different backgrounds and specialties in a two-week Artistic and Meditation Retreat which aim to educate, encourage and inspire these Artists through meditation, as well as exploring and understanding themselves. Afterwards, they will have the opportunity to help spreading the benefits and positive effects of meditation and self-development into their communities and around the world through their art and creativity.
The I Meditation Artistic Retreat will take place from January 14th to 27th, 2014 at the Mooktawan sanctuary, a stunning picturesque location situated on the top of one of the islands on Thailand’s Southern Coast. It will consist of a two-week meditation and self-discipline training, where the participants will be guided into meditation by the Teaching Monks four times a day, including self-development activities, connecting cultures and ethics lessons.
Participants will gain knowledge of various theoretical approaches that include:
- Conflict Resolution and the Role of the Basic Human Self-disciplines.
- The Role of Our Habits in Our Daily Life and How to Improve; the Five Rooms of Life.
- The Factors that Determine Our Perception to Think, Act and Speak; Relation between Body and Mind.
- Leadership: Eight Pillars for a Stable Peaceful Society.
- Art Expression as Peace Building Tool.
- Connecting Cultures; Raising Tolerance through Inner Peace.
- Philosophy of Thai-Buddhist Studies.
The Thailand Fellowship includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare*.
- Partial sponsoring of artistic working tools and materials.
- Free accommodation.
- Free catering.
- Free local transportation.
- Free meditation retreat fee.
*Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 18-30 years old.
Additional information can be reached here: http://www.peacerevolution.net/docs/en/peace-revolution-I-meditation-artistic-retreat